Institutional Repositories for Medical Schools
Tim Tamminga, Vice President of Global Sales at bepress, discusses how the growing number of medical school libraries, including Thomas Jefferson University, University of Massachusetts, and Washington University, are managing their own institutional repositories (IR) to preserve and showcase the intellectual output of their institutions. Topics include:
- Collecting and managing student works: Theses and dissertations, major papers, and research projects
- Showcasing faculty scholarship: Publications, presentations, and technical reports
- Campus based publishing: Peer-reviewed scholarly journals, departmental magazines, etc.
- Publicizing events, conferences, workshops, and lecture series
- Supporting the medical school's institutes and centers (e.g., CTSA materials)
Tamminga, Tim, "Institutional Repositories for Medical Schools" (2010). Research on Institutional Repositories: Articles and Presentations. Paper 14.