Digital Commons: Fully Supported and Hosted Repository Software
Digital Commons is a hosted service, which means all you need is an internet browser to enjoy the rich features that the system offers. It also means that bepress provides all the technical support your repository may need for the entire life of your site.
We have been extremely pleased with the system's reliability, flexibility, and performance, and very impressed with bepress's helpful, friendly, accommodating, and efficient service.
—Paul Royster, Coordinator of Scholarly Communications, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
With over a decade’s experience developing software for building repositories and journals for the scholarly community, bepress Consulting Services has the expertise and technical know-how to help you grow and maintain a successful, sustainable institutional repository
All Digital Commons clients receive:
- Full hosting and unlimited training, phone, and email support from the largest and most experienced repository team in the world. In most cases, our team is able to resolve your issues the day you report them.
- Fast setup: we will build your repository in three weeks or less after receiving a completed setup form. This includes customizing your site to create the look and feel you desire. After a brief training—usually less than one hour—you'll be ready to add content to your new site.
- Attractive, professional, and customized site designs that integrate your institutional branding and customized workflows to meet your particular needs.
- Localized customizations for your site.
- Advice from our team of publishing and repository experts, and recommendations based on best practices from other successful repositories.
- Strategies, materials, and outreach services to gain support and content for your repository.
- Meetings, events, workshops, and a network of the entire Digital Commons client community.
We offer these resources so that you can focus on gathering content and raising awareness for your institutional repository: the two factors that are imperative for any successful IR initiative.